At Northgate, we believe that the purpose of your induction is to ensure that you have an effective integration into the organisation. The benefits of this to you and Northgate are ensuring person-job fit, reducing absenteeism, and increasing employee commitment and job satisfaction.
For you, starting a new role in a new organisation can be an anxious time and an induction programme enables you to understand more about the organisation, you role, and ways of working and to meet colleagues.
As part of your induction, you will complete mandatory training modules, which include the Employee Induction, the Northgate Way, Service Promise and Rentable Standards. You will also attend a one week intensive Workshop Induction course. The aim of this is for you to fully understand how the workshop and supporting functions operate within Northgate.
As a Motor Vehicle Technician, you will receive a PDP annually. We as a business are committed to providing you with feedback to progress in your role. The purpose of the PDP is to ensure you are:
- aware and understand what is expected of you
- aware and understand the future of the business
- provided with objectives which will improve yours and the company’s performance
- given constructive feedback
- given time in to discuss your job with your manager in a focused way
- given an opportunity to see what training and development support is out there for you
- provided with an opportunity to discuss your development needs with your manager
- given any training or development which will enable you to carry out your role more effectively
From your PDP you should then be able to:
- see how you and your job role contributes to your team and the business
- set business-related objectives so you can plan
- reflect on your experiences over the last year
- distinguish between an objective and a task
- set some development goals
- see how you can contribute to an effective performance review meeting
- Understand Northgate behaviours so you can produce a development plan for yourself which supports the achievement of your set objectives.
As a Motor Vehicle Technician, we are committed to your development. We have a variety of courses on offer such as the following (subject to availability):
- Ford IDS Diagnosis
- Mercedes Starr Diagnosis
- Abrasive Wheels
- Roadside Assistance
- Emergency First Aid at Work
- First Aid at Work
- Fire Warden Training
- Manual Handling
In your role as MVT you will work within one of our modern open planned workshops with up to date technology and equipment. Servicing and maintaining Ford, Mercedes, Volkswagen, Peugeot and Vauxhall vehicles, you will be working with a team of highly technical trained technicians.